- Register, choose a membership level, then click on your name in the top right corner, and update your profile. Don’t forget to add a picture.
- Read the prompt for that month.
- Write a short story and take note of the word count.
- Rewrite and proofread.
- Click on the Dashboard in the top left corner of the screen.
- Under Posts, click ‘add new post’.
- Copy/paste your short story into the block if you have used MS Word or a similar program. You can also write the story in WordPress.
- Make sure you choose the correct Prompt category on the bottom right of the screen. This is very important.
- Submit your story on the day of the deadline. Not before, please. (Stories are approved by the admin to ensure stories are only published on the day of the deadline.)
- Read and comment on four stories by other writers. Please follow the commenting/evaluating guidelines.
- Make a friend:
1: Click on ‘Membership Info’ on the homepage.2: Select ‘Member’s Directory’.3: Search members.4: An ‘Add friend’ button should be next to their name.or1: Click on their name where they have commented on your story. This is in the comment block itself.2: You will go their profile.3: The ‘Add Friend’ button is just below their picture.
- Find the next prompt and start writing.
- Repeat for 12 months.
For those who like paper, download the instructions here.
You need to login in order to like this post: click here